A well-groomed and professional appearance not only helps you gain a positive impression but also earns you respect in an organization. Wearing formal dresses plays a prominent role in your grooming and personality development that ultimately increases your self-confidence and empowers your personality among others. Make sure you are putting an appearance in a professional world where all the people will instantly get a bad impression of you if you will not dress and groom yourself professionally. First impression matters which will either make your worth in an organization or underrate you in other’s views for the rest of your tenure. You are not only disrespecting yourself but also your job, if you keep your looks messy and casual that can affect your personal and professional development in the workplace.
In order to improve your personality and maintain a professional appearance, you need to avoid smoking cigarettes, chewing gums, and eating candies or other stuff inside a workplace moreover, throw away the rings, and clear out the tattoos and piercing stuff from your body as it leaves a negative impression and makes you look unprofessional.
Both Men and Women should ensure a professional get up and take care of themselves and should adhere to attitude and personality grooming techniques. Follow the listed tips below in order to achieve professional looks:
- Wearing expensive or branded suits is not the only option to look best. Choosing a simple two-piece suit (in basic office or navy colors with a good quality fiber) would also be a great option that will make you look presentable in a professional way.
- Wear long-sleeved simple or plain shirts (in light blue or white color) is a good choice for an office environment.
- Ties should be selected wisely that should contrast with your suit or shirt (silk and high quality with a little dark and contrasting colors)
- Wear business formal shoes with or without laces (preferably black or brown) and wear dark-colored socks of a mid-calf length.
- An exclusive watch for an office environment would be a perfect fit and match the color of your belt with your shoes.
- Two pieced suit for women (in grey, navy, or black colors) if you choose to wear pants that should be hammed so the cuffs would not be dragged on the floor and if you choose to wear a skirt then its color should be matching your blazer and makes sure it covers your thighs when you sit.
- Shirt must be well-tailored (in white or light colors in blue shades); be simple and avoid showing the cleavage.
- Hosiery should be impartial or neutral-colored that suits your dress well.
- Wear shoes that fit with your suit perfectly and avoid wearing too high heels jewelry and do not antique or stylish purses.
Facial hair– Before going for an interview, you should be clean-shaved or keep your beard well-groomed and keep your hairstyle simple that should look too spiky or stylish as it is not promoted in a professional getup.
Makeup-A women’s makeup should be minimal for presenting herself in an office environment, avoid wearing dark-shaded lipsticks or smoky eye looks. keep it simple and smooth in order to look perfect and presentable in the workplace.
Nail care-It is obligatory for both men and women to do good care for their fingernails and hands. Women can use light-colored nail paint but make sure to stay simple and coherent.